Around 1654 a wooden mill was built on the site next to the old granary. In 1812, under the regime of Napoleon, the mill was forced to be sold as the owner, Isaac Lijnbaert, was in considerable debt. At that time, burning candles were used for this. Before a candle went out, one was allowed to submit an offer. In this way, the mill went to the Risseeuw family. In 1884 a gust of wind blew the mill completely over. The owner, the De Hulster family even then (maternal side of the current owner Ensenada) charged mill builder Willems from Eeklo with building a new stone mill, a little bit further on. The new building got a so-called mansard cap, as was the custom in Flanders at the time. The mill continued to be a working one until 1900, when it was destroyed by fire... The same mill builder was charged with rebuilding it. During the 1940-45 conflict, the cap was shot off. In those days, mills and annexes were the headquarters of the resistance in the area and they provided two a hiding place to allied pilots. In 1948 the mill was restored using a cap from Holland. The mill was in use until 1963. In 1994 the De Hulster family carried out further restoration together with the Monumentenzorg (? National Trust). Every Saturday afternoon, Robertís 85-year-old father still mills flour. He also gives tours of the mill on request.